Articles in Volume 4 Issue 1 include:
The Importance of Hemostasis in Chronic Wound Care: An Open-Label Controlled Clinical Study of OMNI-STAT (Chitosan) Versus Standard of Care in Post-Debridement Treatment of Patients with Chonic Wounds with or Without Concomitant Use of Anticoagulants. by Robert J. Snyder, DPM, MSc, CWS and Brian Dr. Sigal, DPM, CWS
The Role of Nutrition in Pressure Ulcer Prevention and Treatment by Monica Timko, BSN, RN, CWS; and Naomi Ward, RN, BSN, CWS and Michael O. Fleming, MD, FAAFP
Bursa and Callus: Friend or Foe? With special attention to malperforans ulcer, Charcot neuroarthropathy wounds, bunion ulcerations, and erosions over medial aspect of hallux by Michael B. Strauss, MD
Designated Record Sets: The Overlooked HIPPA Requirement by Kevin W. Yankowsky, JD
Notes from the Baromedical Nurses Association (BNA) by Laura Josefsen, RN, ACHRN
A Mandatory Rest Stop on Our Arduous Journey Along Route ICD-10-CM Road Trip by Gretchen Dixon, MBA, CCS, CHCO
- Four quarterly issues of the WCHM magazine, with current articles and research on wound care, hyperbaric medicine, and diving medicine
- Included in every issue: articles addressing compliance, legal, quality, and safety in the hospital or clinic
- Get updates and relevant society news, press releases, book reviews, and industry-related courses and meetings
- Complimentary WCHM Calendar, with courses and meetings for all industry-related companies, organizations, associations, and entities
- Complimentary WCHM Resource Guide, the premier listing of industry-related companies, organizations, associations, and products
The Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine magazine is an international publication with readers in over 60 countries. Our readers are scientists, physicians, nurses, technicians, and respiratory therapists working in the field of wound care, hyperbaric medicine, and / or diving. We report on breaking news from around the world while keeping up to date on events within the American College of Hyperbaric Medicine (ACHM), International Hyperbaric Medical Association (IHMA), the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS), the South Pacific Underwater Medicine Society (SPUMS), the European Underwater and Baromedical Society (EUBS), Divers alert Network (DAN), and other affiliated professional organizations.
The primary mission of The Wound Care & Hyperbaric magazine is to be a fair, objective, nonpartisan, international publication dedicated to reporting and commenting on the current state of knowledge and advances in the science and technology encompassing hyperbaric oxygen therapy, wound care, and diving medicine. We report on currently accepted and emerging clinical applications as well as the associated economic, social, and political issues and events that influence the administration, growth, and development of our field.